Kiyomi and the Gang

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Walking Fox


Music: Play list 030406 (at this very moment: "Like a Satellite"/Thunder)

Mood: Piano, piano…
In my glass: Italian white (Orvieto Classico – Procanico, Grechetto and Verdello), which I opened yesterday to use for risotto.

I was walking Fox yesterday along the canal, where dogs may be set loose. I think it was around 6, the weather was nice - a bit chilly but sunny. It was very quiet, there were no other dogs around. Fox was taking his time; sniffing here, sniffing there, walking again and sniffing again… I had to stop every 100m or something and wait for him. Every time I stopped and looked back, I saw a gentleman also walking on the path coming closer and closer. When he was finally passing me, he smiled and said: “Well, why should you hurry if there’s no need to, huh?” He laughed, so did I. Yeah, right… Fox has no hurry, never! I thought to myself: “How about me? Am I in a hurry now?” I had finished my weekly magazine on time, I still had some work to do but it could wait. I had no reason to hurry home. So, why not watch the sky change, people walk by, birds fly, ships passing, feel the wind blow, warmth of the sun… just take a deep breath. I mean, how much difference would it make? 10, 15 minutes at most maybe? Don’t get stressed, it’s good for nothing. Just take your time, take it easy, piano-piano…

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home