Kiyomi and the Gang

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"...Woke up this morning..."


Music: Play list 170206

Mood: …it was better yesterday
In my glass: La Ferme de Gicon (Côtes du Rhône) 2004

“Woke up this morning…(da-da-da-da-dan…) , with the blues in my head... (da-da-da-da-dan…)”

Yeah, woke up this morning with my R.O. complex again, that “I’m too accommodating/I’m too easy” complex. And it stayed for the rest of the day… GRRRRRR. I mean, not that I’ve been down with the thought that I’m hopeless. No, no, not that! I started to recall all the times that I didn’t agree with him but he wouldn’t hear or listen. GRRRRRR…. Will I ever get rid of this complex??

--------------

…And if there was such a thing that I couldn’t handle on a day like this, it should be a telephone call from my mother. Yes, she called. I know I’m often too hard on her, especially since my last call on (belated) Mother’s day last year. She said then something very nasty (not about the late call though) and I really didn’t like it. I told her, as I was hanging up, that I wouldn’t call again. Well, I was not very fair to her, I admit, because I didn’t tell her what I didn’t like – she’s not aware of what she’s saying, of course.

We just can’t get along with each other. We never could. I love her, of course I do! But that’s not the point. Today she told me AGAIN that she was expecting me to come home. AARRRGGGHH!! She’s so protective… no, more possessive actually than protective, it’s like “mother-baby” possessiveness. I do know and understand how hard it was for her to raise me (I’m not going to go into the details here) and now to let me go (well, I’ve been away for more than 20 years now… isn’t it about time for her to…???). But it doesn’t mean that I can stay with her for my life! I was hoping that she’d see that one day.
Hm, I had promised the last time when she called, to send her some pics of me… I’ll (try to) make an album coming weekend…

-------------

I have gained my weight… It’s only 1kg/2 full pounds, but still I feel it. When I walk up and down the stairs, I feel it. When I go on bike, I feel it. It’s like carrying 1kg potatoes extra on my body. I’ve been eating just so much as always (that is actually TOO MUCH!) while doing (using calories) much less. It’s been very cold so Fox doesn’t want to walk a lot, me either. As it’s almost impossible for me to eat less, I should do more to burn the excess energy. So – it was a very nice day today… I decided to work on my garden. Oh-oh, it is so wild, so neglected. I wonder which plants have survived the winter and my neglect. I saw chives were doing alright! Yay! Ok, tomorrow again, if only for a couple of hours.

-------------

hm… happy news, happy news… I can’t think of any… Oh, wait! I can now start counting down for take off to Seattle!! Hehehe, how about that?!

2 Comments:

  • At March 21, 2006 at 6:46:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Luz said…

    Your waking up and I'm just now going to bed...it's way past my bedtime and I was just going to turn off the computer and decided to peruse one more blog and came upon yours. BTW, nice glass of wine. My mood...not better than yesterday's but as time passes by I hope it will be better. Play list..is Tears in the Rain of course. I just wish we'd get some more rain, it would fit the mood a bit. Moms, they can be a bit much at times. Sometimes, I think that they are jealous of the lives that their daughter's lead...ie...the freedom we have. They cannot even beging to fathom the choices we have and make and so the only thing to do is nag. My mom recently disappointed me with some comments. Here, I have a Master's degree, I have my career that I"m good at and a decent life but it's not enough for her. Still she wants more for her daughter! Kind of makes me glad that I'm not a mom because maybe I'd be the same way. Well, that's my two cents for whatever it's worth. Have a good day, I"m off to get some beauty sleep! Yeah, right...I alot to make up for that! :-) Oh, and I'm listening to Chulo snoring right now! :-) Isn't life grand!?

     
  • At March 21, 2006 at 6:56:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    ...Thanks, Luz. This comment of yours means to me a lot! Yea, I know... Mothers will be Mothers, right? ;)
    ...And, you know, "Tears in the Rain" is on this play list too!! Hahaha, I really love it!

    Hey, sweet dreams!
    Luv ya!
    Kym.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home