Kiyomi and the Gang

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Great surprise!!


Music: Playlist 030406 (basically, it’s 170206 + some tracks from Yulduz’ CDs)

Mood: mixed, but good on the whole
In my glass: Chilean red (the same as the one in the previous post)

It was just another Monday… no particular plans, no rush with work or… anything.
I came home from walking Fox, turned the PC on… and then found an e-mail from an old friend V. in Tashkent! Well, ok,… “friend”… we haven’t seen each other that often, don’t know each other that well… but I do feel that way: “an old, long lost friend”.

V. is a Uzbek musician, a drummer. We, me and R., became acquainted with him about 9 years ago, I think, when he was in the Netherlands with the band of Yulduz. Very strangely, V. and R. look like twin brothers! Besides they resemble to each other, they are both drummers. And the way they play on drums… oh, so remarkably and incredibly THE SAME!!
After our first meeting, he came to Western Europe several times and we went to see him play when we could. But, you know, we lost contact again… there was a “language barrier” too – I speak Russian a bit but not well enough.

I remember he sent once an e-mail from England; I think it was shortly after we (me and R.) separated. I thought: “ok, it’s going to be a long story.. I’ll write back later.” … but in fact, never wrote back.
Today, I wrote back right away! Just a short reply, you know, not a long story, that I was doing fine and that it was so nice to hear from him again.
The American girl I wrote about the other day, she wrote me back immediately and I was so glad about that. I don’t know if V. would feel the same way.. well, hope so. Anyway, I’m very glad that he contacted me (or, actually me and R.) again.

Jamming with friends from Tashkent
Jamming...

-----------------

I was reading the papers Saturday. There were several news which particularly caught my eye like: The Dutch government wants everyone to have his/her own internet page in near future so all the personal information can be gathered there and that communication with the authorities will be much easier. Or other article was about a cow race on a farm; which cow gets out of the stable to the meadow when the farmer let them finally loose after this long winter. The race is planned on April 21st. There were pictures of the cows with short descriptions; the readers can make a bet which cow will win.
I was thinking: “These are nice stories for my weekly magazine.” …NOT!! Hahaha, it’s April 1st!! Well, I’m not really sure if those articles are 04-01 jokes or not.. but I do think so.
One of my most fave 04-01 jokes till now is that the Big Ben was going to be digitalized. BBC said that some 20 years ago.

-----------------

Went to the vet’s Thursday. Fox has infection in his right ear (*sigh*). The vet took a look in his ear and found it was indeed really dirty. When she put some cleaning fluid in his ear, Fox shook his head heavily… Yep, that’s what a dog will do, isn’t it? And we, the vet, the assistant and me, all got his dirty ear wax and the fluid on us… BAH!!!!!! It was so embarrassing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home