Kiyomi and the Gang

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Give the Earth a short break...


Music: various – at this moment “Hejira” by Joni Mitchell

Mood: very, very tired and sleepy
In my glass: …thinking if I should pour in Côtes du Rhône…

Have been down with flu, been in bed for 5 days. Yesterday, for the first time since Thursday, got up and went outside to walk Fox only one block. Well, I wanted to stay one more day in bed but alas, I had to work. Aaahhh… Friday I had a fever of 39.5°C and had pain everywhere in my body.
I was really glad that Fox was so co-operative; I couldn’t take him for a walk so I let him out in the backyard – very quickly every time. Cats were not too co-operative but very sweet to keep me company all the time.

Anyway, I’m so relieved now that I’m feeling better again (now about 80%).

-----------------------

Tomorrow night (Feb. 1) at 19:55 CET, we are going to turn off all the lights in the house. I believe it’s an European campaign on French initiative to make a statement, while IPCC has a meeting in Paris. Well, it’s not very much to turn lights off for 5 minutes. But then, even only for 5 minutes, the Earth can have a short rest. That’s an idea.
And of course, we should be conscious in our every day life. Just a small effort could make a big difference.. I hope.
Hmmm… if I’d go to bed one hour earlier every night… could I save a small amount of energy? Hhmmmm… then I’d use the same amount of energy in the morning maybe….. Need to think.

2 Comments:

  • At February 1, 2007 at 5:45:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Luz said…

    I WAS wondering what happened to you and why you were keeping such a low profile these days! Sorry to hear you're down with the flu. If I were your next door neighbor, I would've been happy to take the Foxster out for a walk! Of course Chulo would've been jealous! ;-)

     
  • At February 2, 2007 at 12:28:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi kim,

    It's nice to see you like the music from DIESEL!
    I have some news, DIESEL is back on the road !!

    Show 14 April 2007 in BERG EN DAL(Nijmegen)Together with THE TIME BANDITS. venue "KERSTENDAL" see
    www.dieselonline.nl for more info
    They're also performing live acoustic on RADIO 2 "Cappuccino" on 7 April 2007

    Hope to see you!

    marcel
    hillstreet@zonnet.nl

     

Post a Comment

<< Home