Kiyomi and the Gang

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Moss

It was such a nice day today! Although the weather was real Dutch – storming, raining, hailing, snowing - , all the people I saw were very friendly. Well, alright, it was Valentine’s Day, perhaps that’s why.

I finally made an appointment at the garage for a periodic check-up of my car. It actually must be done before 16th or I risk a few hundred dollar fine (don’t know exactly how much). OK, I’m late. I have a kind of phobia for calling on the phone, that’s why I always postpone (important) calls till it really, seriously, definitely can’t wait anymore. Anyway, I called the garage this morning, the gentleman on the phone was very kind (one of the today’s friendly people) to put me on Wednesday the 16th. So, one thing is done. Now the next…
I have to - well, don't have to but I think I should - wash my car tomorrow. I don’t drive often, seldom wash the car. Now I see that even moss is growing on my car!!! =-0 It’s so embarrassing. BTW, my ex-boss (I worked in a Dutch company many years ago) had a very expensive BMW (he once had a custom made cabriolet too); the car was always dirty and muddy and messy… but somehow it was cool that way. Hm, alright, it’s a completely different story from that of my humble VW Polo Fox; in this case, it’s not cool at all, it’s just dirty and embarrassing.
Hope it’s going to be a good weather tomorrow.


Update: Here you see what I'm talking about...

Moss growing on my car
Moss

7 Comments:

  • At February 15, 2005 at 4:39:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger MT Callahan said…

    So its not only a rolling stone that gathers no moss?

    As an American, I can't imagine a car sitting long enought to grow moss.

     
  • At February 15, 2005 at 5:59:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Junniper, MPA said…

    One of the guys in my apartment building has a truck with four flat tires. It's been there since before I moved in, and he's got quite a greenhouse growing in the back.

    Last Friday it was a nice day so I decided to wash my car. But the do-it-yourself place was closed, the other car wash was out of order, so I had to go to this really shady looking one. But my car was dirty enough that I figured I should do it anyway. Well, AFTER I paid the lady, drove my car into the spot, and put it in neutral, I saw the sign. "Our washer is very powerful. We are not responsible for cracked windows, mirrors or dented bodies."

    WHOA. I was nervous, but my little car survived.

     
  • At February 16, 2005 at 2:09:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    Matt,
    as a Japanese Dutch, I can hardly imagine that, either. Anyway, moss seems to like it here, it looks like a moss paradise :-P

    Junipper,
    sounds like a real adventure to go car washing there.
    I've never been to a car wash, I just do that here. Gees, it was COLD. I was almost through when it started to snow. Well, the car looks better now. So, the second thing is done. The next thing is - that's the hardest - to get up very early (to me, anyway) tomorrow to bring the car to the garage.
    Kym.

     
  • At February 16, 2005 at 9:36:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My brother once had mushrooms growing on the mats in his car. So it can be even worse, Kiyomi :)

    Sjaak

     
  • At February 18, 2005 at 5:39:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    =-0 MUSHROOMS?????

    Kym.

     
  • At February 18, 2005 at 10:39:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Victor said…

    Wow, I had no idea moss grew that fast! Hey, you could just let it grow until you have a "Chia car"! Oh, sorry, maybe you don't know what I'm talking about. Do they have "Chia Pets" in the Nedelands? Well, probably a bad idea anyway.

     
  • At February 19, 2005 at 1:19:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    "Chia pets"??
    Victor, I don't think that moss grows THAT FAST, either. The last time I washed my car was... before the summer last year, I think. And, I drive only once (or much less) a month.
    Kym.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home