Kiyomi and the Gang

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

“Message of love is a message of gold”

Music: “Transformation” by El, “Nouveau Flamenco” by Ottmar Liebert
Mood: singing and dancing

I’ve been wondering…. And finally I thought: Why not?
Okay, I know that no one would understand what I mean. …Never mind, no problem. I’m a dreamer, a romanticist of a very strange kind. Anyway, I’m now in such a positive mood that I give my current life a “carte blanche”. I have NO idea what can happen tomorrow, or even in 5 minutes. Well, I will see when it is so far. In the meantime, I just do what my heart desires and what I believe is right. So, here’s a song text which made me think.

Oh, by the way, I was just reading OL’s blog and saw a post about the founder of Windham Hill label. Ha! …I had to grin ;-)… ‘Cause it’s another happy part of my memories.

-----------------------------

"Bring out the good side"

Your life’s the answer
To the things you wanna know
And you can get it right
When the good times roll
But when the tide gets rough and
You drift away
So you wake up
And call it a day

Oh – you’ve gone through
So many lives before
And this one
Is gonna give you more
You bring out the good side
You bring out the good side in me
Bringin’ out the good side
Oh yeah
You bring out the good side
The only thing you’ve gotta do
Is bring out the good side

When it’s hot baby
And you feel so cold
Remember the message of love
Is a message of gold

You bring out the good side
You bring out the good side in me
Bringin’ out the good side
Oh yeah
You bring out the good side
The good side in me

Oh - it’s so easy
But you don’t know until you try
It’s just a footstep away
So let love take your pride
Although you don’t know why

Just bring out the good side
You bring out the good side in me
Bringin’ out the good side
I say (oh – oh Bring out the good side)
‘t do dn do dn do dn do
(yeah – yeah Bring out the good side)
the best side of you
na na na na na na – now now now
(yeah – yeah)
Get it out
Bring out the good side
The very best side of you
The very best side of you

(From "Transformation", written by E. Martens and O. Lakeman)

13 Comments:

  • At February 9, 2005 at 3:11:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    Thanks Yumiko,
    it can be only an effect of the sunny weather... Oh, btw, here's something I liked very much this week...: "there is always the LIGHT that can be appreciated in any sky". This lightens up my day even if it's rainy or grey or cold... whatever weather it is!
    About Frickr: I'm now almost addicted to it. It's so nice and impressive to see all those beautiful and interesting images. I can't get enough of it.
    Kym.

     
  • At February 9, 2005 at 3:16:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    P.S.
    I mean above: Flickr
    I don't understand why I can't delete or edit my comment on my own blog... on somebody else's blog, I get the "waste bin" icon alright, but not on my blog... Strange, isn't it? :-\ ???
    Kym.

     
  • At February 9, 2005 at 3:24:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger MT Callahan said…

    Come on Kym! I'm dying to know what you're wondering.

     
  • At February 9, 2005 at 3:32:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    Matt,
    you don't have to know EVRYTHING about me ;-)

    Kym.

     
  • At February 10, 2005 at 1:08:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Borya said…

    Wasn't it Clint Eastwood saying in "The good, the bad and the ugly": ... some people die out of curiosity.

     
  • At February 10, 2005 at 2:09:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    Or...

    Curiosity killed the cat.

    Kym.

     
  • At February 16, 2005 at 3:29:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger suerteuno said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At February 16, 2005 at 3:32:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger suerteuno said…

    thought I'd let you know I'm reading (stalking) you.. thanks for showing your best side...

     
  • At February 16, 2005 at 2:11:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    Hi Tom,
    You are most welcome, please do stalk ;-)
    And, thank YOU for "the light".
    Kym.

     
  • At February 22, 2005 at 7:29:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Borya said…

    ts ts ts, Kiyomi, always trying to be cryptic but finally can't help to uncover herself ...
    big smile

     
  • At March 2, 2005 at 9:47:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    Borya,
    why "ts ts ts"?
    The quotation about the LIGHT in my earlier comment on this post, is from his writing elswhere. That's why my "thank you" to him. ...Or do you mean something else by your "ts ts ts"?
    :)
    Kym.

     
  • At March 25, 2005 at 12:06:00 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi Kiyomi,
    just found your blog on the web, cos it showed our text for 'Bring out the good side' - such an honor to see what it means to you... thanks! and meeting you after quite some years on the web shows it's a small world after all... so how are you? you look good on the picture! if you want, you can pm us, in any case wishing you all the best, love, Onno (& EL)

     
  • At March 25, 2005 at 7:19:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    HI ONNO + EL,
    Surprise, surprise! Been such a long time, indeed!! How have you been? Thank you very much for leaving your message here… I should have (and wanted to) let you know that I posted your lyrics to my blog… but alas… I lost your addresses. So, here’s hurray to Blogger and Google!!
    I listen to “Transformation” rather often, and yes, particularly this track – one of my faves of this album.

    Hope to hear from you again… and see you, maybe, in not too far future… I try to reach you through your site too.

    Take care!
    Liefs,
    Kym.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home