Kiyomi and the Gang

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My Foxie...


Music: “Borrasca”/OL + LN (now playing: “August Moon”)

Mood: tired
In my glass: Italian red (Barbera d’Asti)

I often wonder lately if Fox is happy. He’s sleeping all day. I’m at home but not spending much time with him. I never play with him… R. was the one who played with him. Now, when I’m in the living room, Fox often comes to me and lie down at my feet. When I watch TV, he joins me on the couch. But, you know, I don’t watch TV very often and I’m not in the living room that much.

When he plays with his friends (like Rocky or Reggi or Sita or other dogs he comes across), he runs, jumps and rolls like a 6 month young puppy…. But in fact he’s not. He’s an old chap (he's now 8 and a half... means over 60 of human's age!).
Like peeing blood, having dirty eyes – it’s all something to do with his age.. I think. And today, I saw he was walking a bit strange… as if he had pain somewhere. I checked his paws but didn’t find anything.. no wounds or anything.
He’s a natural born clown and he’s always sweet. I only hope he’s happy but all he gets from me is: “No, Fox!” or “Don’t, Fox!”.. or “Hurry, Fox!” From people who don’t know him, he gets remarks like “oh, what an ugly dog!” or “Oooh, scary!” Fortunately, he doesn’t understand them – he just wags his tail.

My cats are better off, I think. I’m too protective, I know, but they are at least with 2 of them. They have each other.

Wish Fox could talk.

4 Comments:

  • At August 25, 2006 at 2:51:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Borya said…

    The way you describe him, he certainly does not feel annoyed by your "no"s or "don't"s. I'm sure he's happy. You would feel it otherwise - somehow. At least it was noticable by the dos I ever met, the clearest by our neighbour's dog who behaves like a little diva when they leave him alone at home.

    You know that I'm no fan of the kind of dog Fox is but him wagging his tail in the face of nasty remarks would be heartwarming.

     
  • At August 26, 2006 at 7:52:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Kym. said…

    Thank you, Borya.
    Yes, I think he’s happy. I think “happy” is his standard/basic/”starting point” mood. He’s, I think, always happy and sometimes even happier. That’s what I felt today when I saw him sleeping on the couch.

    Kym.

     
  • At August 26, 2006 at 9:31:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Kym. said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At October 25, 2006 at 8:18:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger AC Deluxe said…

    Lovely photos of Fox and the cats! I really enjoyed them! My bullterriear Melker is 11 years old and I have the same concerns as you! However, I think our old mates are happy! Happy to be around, happy to be loved. A cosy corner in the sofa, a lazy morning snoring under my bedcover... Those are moments of happiness for an old dog! Human caretakers who will do anything to make their life good and carefree. So don't worry! I think Fox is a very happy bullterrier!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home