Kiyomi and the Gang

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tick-tack...


Music: still the same (right now the acoustic version of “River of Pain” by Thunder)

Mood: --
In my glass: nothing. Had beer tonight.. I wonder if I should open a bottle of wine…

Am through with the book “Als ik bij je ben” (original title in Norwegian is “Når jeg er hos deg” = “When I’m with you”, the English title is “Stella Descending”) by Linn Ullmann. I first started reading this book in April when I was in Seattle. At that time I read only a few pages. When I came home I wanted to finish “Harry Potter” first and I put this book aside for a while.
It’s a bit “strange” story – but I liked it very much. It’s like a puzzle. All the people who are supposed to be talking about Stella, are actually talking about themselves. Some – many phrases are repeated, so are some scenes. And… there’s no beginning and no ending either. That’s what I thought when finished the book.

Linn Ullman is, btw, the daughter of Liv Ullman and Ingmar Bergman. Aha! …I didn’t know that till I googled her to make a link on this page.

Books

-----------------------

It feels as if my time has stopped while the whole world is still moving forwards. Um, no, my time has not stopped – it’s still ticking without going forth. I can’t go any further, I can’t go backwards, either.. But the world keeps turning, it doesn’t wait for me.

-----------------------

Mother called me a couple of weeks ago. This time we had no quarrel – phew! It was very late at night for her and I thought – felt – she needed someone to talk to.

------------------------

Bought a new sewing machine! Yay!! Well, but… maybe I shouldn’t have, considering my financial situation at the moment. Hhhmm…

------------------------

I think I go to bed soon – no wine tonight.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home