Kiyomi and the Gang

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Dream or real

Music: “Virtuoso #3” by Joe Pass, “Way Out West” by Sonny Rollins
Mood: offbeat ("Offbeat" from "Virtuoso #3")

In a dream, anything can happen in any way and you won’t be wondering why or how. There, anything is doable... fun, fun, fun! Things can go wrong, too; it’s a nightmare! But don’t worry, it’s a dream. Open your eyes, it’s gone… No, wait. Is it really gone? When you wake up, you still "feel" the fear, don’t you. Actually, you feel it much stronger than in the dream.
In a dream, you have fun, fear, happiness, sorrow, joy, pain… You experience it as in real… But, do you really, actually feel it?
I won’t be actually hurt in my dream, and that’s a relief. But when I wake up from the dream, I will still remember how it was and feel the pain. I also can have a lot of joy and happiness in my dream. But I don’t think I “feel” it. I think I’m only experiencing it in a rather neutral way. When I wake up, I will “feel” it much more intensely… OK, I’d be feeling sorry too that it was only a dream…
Oh, I lost the thread of my story here, I’m afraid. I just wanted to say that I only wish if it were all really happening… I’d rather FEEL it as reality than just experiencing it as a picture book story. -- Even if it is painful.

-------------------------------------

INSPIRATION

You say anything is possible
I say I believe what you believe
If you say it I'd say it's true
I dream and in my dreams I think of you
So real it's like the way I turn to you
When I awake I want to see you there all the time

I need your inspiration
I need your guiding light
This is my invitation
Come on and be my world tonight

There's a place where everything is beautiful
Love rules and everything is do-able
But that world seems such a vision away

I'd give up everything I ever had
And walk away, leave this crazy life behind
If I knew that you would be there right by my side

I would run through the jungle
I would scream in the Vatican
I would laugh my resignation
I would dance naked in the sand under moonlight

Every brick and every stone and shingle laid
Every dream and every little plan we make
We'll build a world
More beautiful than anyone has ever made

(from "7 Deadly Zens" by Tommy Shaw)

3 Comments:

  • At February 28, 2005 at 1:55:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Josie said…

    if we have the opportunity to live a dream we must do gives it just as he is real or no, the only thing which we will be able to always have next to us is what we felt.

     
  • At March 1, 2005 at 5:32:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger suerteuno said…

    I have asked why or how within a dream... I rather not but at that point, I'm not in control..
    you say don't worry if its a nightmare cuz its only a dream, but you don't know its a dream while dreaming... haven't you ever woke up in a sweat?
    and yes, I've woke up - but not detached yet from the dream- and still felt the Fear.. I've had dreams linger for hours after I've awaken and carried on with the day, still fearful or sad from something that occurred in the dream..do we feel the experience in the dream? why not? and maybe its what our souls wants us to experience..

     
  • At March 1, 2005 at 8:09:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    Hm… think I’d just better dream on… Well, a dream sometimes seems so real; in such a dream I would not know if it’s a dream or real… would even believe that it’s real. OK, dream or real, doesn’t matter much now. I believe it, so it is real… till I wake up.
    Kym.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home