Kiyomi and the Gang

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Positive about myself #1

Music: La Semana by Ottmar Liebert + Luna Negra, Body Acoustic by Michiel Borstlap, Breakout by Papo Vazquez
Mood: “Caballada” (from La Semana)

It was a sunny but very windy day. The wind was so strong that I almost fell down from my bike several times on my way to the shopping centre (and back) near here. Walking Fox was even more difficult than usual… though it was also kinda funny to see how he shut his eyes tightly against the wind – oh, what a sweet dog! :-)

A week has already past this year, I’m still trying to make New Year’s resolutions. One thing I know – that is: think positive about myself.
So, here we go: the first positive remark about myself this year: I’m a good cook. When my friends make a compliment on my cooking, I always say that everyone can cook with a good recipe. That’s true and I still think the same way, but it doesn’t mean that I can’t. In fact, I CAN (I think).

Here’s one of my favourite quick recipes. It’s so easy + tasty, perfect as a snack to share with (unexpected) guests. I make this, however, often as a quick dinner for me, like tonight, with a big green salad. I saw this in BBC Good Food magazine a while ago. It’s so simple that I didn’t write it down – so it might be slightly different from the original. (It’s still good, though).
Oh, and, I was so hungry tonight that I forgot to take a picture of it… I’ll post it next time.

Super easy, speedy nachos
You will need: a bag of plain tortilla chips, a jar of salsa, a few spring onions (very thinly sliced) or a red onion (very finely chopped), a chunk of cheese (fontina, cheddar or any other kind, try the one you have), chili flakes (crushed), a fat clove of garlic (crushed or very finely chopped - I’m sure this was not included in the original recipe)
Note: I can’t say the exact amount of each ingredient. :-P

Tip the chips on to a baking tray, pour over the salsa and scatter over the spring onions (and the garlic if you like). Grate over the cheese. Add a pinch of the chili, then put in a very hot oven for about 5 minutes (or under a hot grill for about 3 minutes) till the cheese melts. Serve with soured cream or guacamole, if you have/like.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home