Kiyomi and the Gang

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year!

Good end/good start
2004 has ended. Though it was another year of survival for me, I dare say that it was the best year for me since, let me see, at least 5 years. In 2004, I had much more good and positive moments than in the past few years, and much less depressive and negative moments. I’ve never been so active in many aspects for a long time, either.
It is still a struggle to get along with the situation I’m in. It’s hard when you are lost and can’t find the way. But you have to start somewhere to get back on the trail. You might be disappointed again, because it’s not very easy to find the right direction. The only way to find out is to give it a try. I have now a feeling that I found a small space to move around, so the next step will be to walk a bit further and see if there is any trail behind the bush. If it is a wrong way, I can come back to this place, I hope, and try again. So, that is what I’m going to do in 2005. I don't have a concrete to-do-list for this year yet, I’m now working on it.

Normally I don’t care much for celebrating the New Year’s Eve. I mean, I don’t mind celebrating or not because it does not mean very much to me. For the past few years anyway, I had no reason for celebration. This year, however, it was different. I wanted to do something to mark the end of the year to remember. The best way to do it, I thought, is to spend the hours with friends. No, nothing like a big party, but just having fun with small company was my idea. Since I had enjoyed playing game so much the other day, this time I invited a few friends to a snack/drink/game evening at my place. Oh, what a great eve it was! It was the best New Year’s Eve for me since years. …Hopefully, my guests had a nice time, too.

New Year’s Eve 2004/2005 – Having fun with “present-game”: we all brought some inexpensive but nice/fun to give/get presents, and tried to get as many presents as possible by rolling dice. Here are the photos of the participants and their “booties”.

Renske is very happy with the kitchen timer and the jewel box.
Renske with her booties

Sim seems to be collecting candles and tea warmers.
Sim with her booties

Von was very lucky with blue, particularly happy with the blue towel.
Von with her booties

Sjaak went home with the most-wanted blue candle. What’s that thing hanging on his forehead?
Sjaak with his booties

Paul can’t get his eyes off of the book he won, “Switch”.
Paul with his booties

Sander in a sexy apron and a luxury shower cap. He tried to get rid of the oven thermometer but without success.
Sander with his booties

Kym. happened to get a photo stand (with a Jaco Pastorius’ pic!) , and succeeded to keep it as well as a repair kit for bicycle tires.
Kym. with her booties

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home