Kiyomi and the Gang

Friday, December 30, 2005

Poor Fox

Music: none – I have to be able to hear the noise from downstairs…
Mood: tired

…Pfff… what a day! Fox had a surgery, several small stones were removed from his bladder. The vet told me that his bladder had a severe infection and was very much swollen. Poor thing, he must have had a lot of pain! Now I hope for a speedy recovery. There’s one problem that he may not go up and down the stairs. I explained to the vet that there were 8 steps at the front door… she said it was already too much for him. OK, but what can I do? I can’t carry him; he’s not very big but much too heavy. Besides, he seems to need to go out very often. A Flickr-friend was very kind to advise me that I’d better let him walk carefully than I’d lift and carry him in a wrong way. I think she’s right… and I wouldn’t be able to carry him anyway!
And, there’s another thing: I have to watch him so that he doesn’t go on the couch. He’s very stiff and clumsy, normally he can’t scratch his neck or lick his belly (a silly dog, isn’t he?) but on the couch, he somehow gets in a position that he might be able to lick his wound.

I had a very short sleep last night, or better say this morning. After my quick dinner tonight, while I was watching Fox sleep and hearing his regular breathing (almost snoring), I fell asleep on the couch. I had a dream too, but I don’t remember now.

---------------------------

Fox is awake, doesn’t want to stay in his basket. The cats are running up and down, eating plants in the living room. Pfff.. I don’t think I’m calm and patient enough for this situation.

-----------------------------
It was such a beautiful weather this morning; clear blue sky with lashes of orange morning glow, crisp cold. Now (a little past 3 am) it’s snowing.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home