Kiyomi and the Gang

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Almost Famous

Music: Various
Mood: nostalgic, sentimental, emotional… and what more?

I don’t watch TV very often… the last time, it was in April (when T. was here)… before that, it was sometime in March last year… (or the year before?... I just don’t remember)
Tonight, I turned on the TV and watched a film (I was actually going to finish my “kitchen project” =cleaning the kitchen… but… ok, who cares?).
I was reading the papers, while having dinner… then I saw “Almost famous” was going to be on TV tonight… “Hey, Heather was talking about the film…”
It was so nice to see the details like… the posters on the wall of William’s room. First you see a poster of the 3 astronauts of Apollo 11, then later that of Jimi Hendrix, the Who… It also made me grin to see what’s all happening on the backstage… Hmmmm… where did all my wonder years go?

I’ve been thinking a lot again this weekend… well, what I should do and want to do are 2 different things…. I guess… BUT – I should do what I want to do… no? That’s my conclusion for now. And it’s NOW that counts. And the question if I really want it, is for the next weekend…

Hmmm, but honestly, it was today one of those days (and nights) that I so wish I could get DRUNK. Although I know I shouldn’t because – well, I know, how I then would be feeling tomorrow morning…

---------------------------

I went to Russia in August, 1980. On my way back home, the very last part of the Siberian Express (Eastbound), I awoke to this song: “Move Over”. It was 6 o’clock in the morning… they played this song very loud through the speaker system of the train. Phhhhhh.

---------------------------
Move Over
(Janis Joplin)

You say that it's over baby, Lord,

You say that it's over now,
But still you hang around me, come on,
Won't you move over.

You know that I need a man, honey Lord,
You know that I need a man,
But when I ask you to you just tell me
That maybe you can.

Please dontcha do it to me babe, no!
Please dontcha do it to me baby,
Either take this love I offer
Or honey let me be.

I ain't quite a ready for walking, no no no no,
I ain't quite a ready for walking,
And whatcha gonna do with your life,
Life all just dangling ?

Oh yeah, make up your mind, honey,
You're playing with me, hey hey hey,
Make up your mind, darling,
You're playing with me, come on now!
Now either be my loving man,
I said-a let me honey, let me be, yeah!

You say that it's over, baby, no,
You say that it's over now,
But still you hang around me, come on
Won't you move over.

You know that I need a man, honey,
I told you so.
You know that I need a man,
But when I ask you to you just tell me
That maybe you can.

Hey! Please dontcha do it to me, babe, no!
Please dontcha do it to me baby,
Either take this love I offer,
Honey let me be.

I said won't you, won't you let me be ?
Honey, you're teasing me.
Yeah, you're playing with my heart, dear,
I believe you're toying with my affections, honey.

I can't take it no more baby,
And furthermore,
I don't intend to.
I'm just tired of hanging from the end of a string, honey,
You expect me to fight like a goddamned mule.
Wah, wah, wah, wah, honey...

3 Comments:

  • At November 9, 2005 at 12:36:00 AM GMT+1, Blogger Just Me said…

    So, did you enjoy the movie?

    It is only Tuesday: why are you concerned about the upcoming weekend? Is there something special going on?

     
  • At November 9, 2005 at 10:45:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Borya said…

    Boris will be there 15 years later again, far far in the east. The song I remember played there was "Californication" by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

     
  • At November 13, 2005 at 6:54:00 PM GMT+1, Blogger Kym. said…

    Heather,
    Yes, I enjoyed it very much. I really liked the mother! And of course, music in the background… I never knew that Simon & Garfunkel was considered as “bad music”. LOL!

    Um…. I’m not concerned about the weekend… it’s just because – hmm, don’t know… weekend is somehow (it feels like it anyway) for me THE time to think…

    Borya,
    Hahaha, it seems they like heavy songs in the far eastern Siberia. When I just got there – from Yokohama to Nakhodka (by ship) and then to Khabarovsk (by train) - , however, I heard quite different songs… mostly those typical “Soviet” songs, I should say.

    Kym.

    P.S.
    I like Thunder's version (ya-ya-ya!) of "Move Over" too. Rock on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home