Kiyomi and the Gang

Saturday, October 01, 2005

I've got the blues

Music: “U.K.”/U.K., “Thunder Live”, “Live Circuit”/ Thunder
Mood: Low battery

Went out with a friend last night. We’ve been trying to see each other for a long time; every time we picked a date, we had to cancel it because… well, you know, we are all so busy these days… This time we said like: “now or never!”, and we finally managed to go out together. After we had a very nice dinner in a Mexican restaurant, we moved on to a café where they have live music almost every night. I used to go to this café often when we were living just across the canal. Anyway, I had a very good time. Today I expected to feel sick from the drinks I had last night (started with beer, then wine at dinner, then Mexican coffee with tequila and coffee liquor, and again beer… ) , but no, not even a headache – fortunately! Only, I’ve got this “after going out” blues, am not feeling doing anything. I don’t like cooking for myself alone, eating on my own… it’s just waste of energy. Well, ok, I think I’ll be feeling better tomorrow. But then, I’ll have the weekend blues instead.

It’s getting colder day by day… I wanted to turn on the heating tonight.. oh, but wait a sec! I should first check the boiler if the water pressure is alright… Darn!! I don’t know how to fill it, have never done before. Hmm… I’ll ask a neighbour tomorrow.
It’s so, so, so frustrating and makes me feel hopeless, as I most probably have mentioned before, when I can’t do something… especially those simple things like filling the boiler (it must be simple, right?) or connecting the DAT deck to the amplifier… I know I could if I knew how…
And this frustration is not helping me out of the blues I’ve got. My body is still aching too.

BTW, I just went to the basement (read: the record library) to check the credit of one of Thunder’s songs. Gees, I found 4 albums of Thunder… 2 of them are numbered special edition!!! Oooooooh, I want to keep them! I ordered 2 CDs at Amazon last week, but these vinyls are really special! Officially, the half of this record collection is MINE….

---------------------
Stand Up
(Thunder)

When you get up late for work in the morning
And somebody’s broken into your car
Makes you feel like killing, maybe you’d be willing
But you don’t have to take it that far
Stand up, kick the cat and stand up
Cos when things grind you down
You can’t fight ’em sitting down
Stand up

You catch your girl making love with the postman
And they’re doing it in your very own bed
She says he’s giving her a letter
I think you should forget her
And go out with her sister instead
Stand up, say “who cares” and stand up
Don’t go crying on the floor, just throw them out the door
And stand up

Every now and then boy, you gotta take it on the chin
It’s just another symptom of the world we’re living in
Every day’s a battle, sometimes you’re gonna bruise
But if you let it get you down you lose
Stand up, stand up

Sunday morning you relax with the papers
All week long you been working so hard
Then you can’t believe what you’re seeing on the page
About a road they’re gonna build through your yard
Stand up, shout about it stand up
You don’t have to beg them please
Don’t go down on your knees stand up
Do everything that you can, you got to make a plan stand up
If they’re gonna tread on you make ’em think before they do
Stand up

------------------------
written by Morley/James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home