Kiyomi and the Gang

Monday, August 08, 2005

NOT because...

Music: “Truth” by Jeff Beck, “Blow by Blow” by Jeff Beck
Mood: nostalgic


…these are really GREAT albums… love them!
“Truth” – I love it NOT because it’s T.’s favourite but because I just love blues. “Blow by Blow”- I love it NOT because my “almost” boyfriend once (24 years ago!!) copied this LP for me on a cassette but because it’s a great album of a legendary, one of the best guitar players. Beck, Page and Clapton – oh, yes, they are the “guitar heroes” of my generation!

…Now have just ordered “Danger Money” of U.K @ Amazon…. It’s NOT because R. recorded “Rendezvous 6:02” for me from this album but because I really like this song.

I still remember when I saw Beck and Bozzio playing in Utrecht… Jeff cut his finger when he was playing 2nd number and was bleeding all the way through the concert. Urrrgghh… his white guitar got blood stain all over… And Terry Bozzio - he had a chain pierced from his ear to his nipple – what a super drummer he is! Only, I couldn’t help worrying his drum sticks would get stuck in the chain…

Ach… it’s so…. Nostalgic…. I miss talking about this kind of stuff with… hm.. who?

------------------

I’m Not In Love
(10CC)

I’m not in love
So don’t forget it
It’s just a silly phase I’m going through
And just because
I call you up
Don’t get me wrong, don’t think you’ve got it made
I’m not in love, no no, it’s because…

I like to see you
But then again
That doesn’t mean you mean that much to me
So if I call you
Don’t make a fuss
Don’t tell your friends about the two of us
I’m not in love, no no, it’s because…

I keep your picture
Upon the wall
It hides a nasty stain that’s lying there
So don’t you ask me
To give it back
I know you know it doesn’t mean that much to me
I’m not in love, no no, it’s because…

Ooh you’ll wait a long time for me
Ooh you’ll wait a long time
Ooh you’ll wait a long time for me
Ooh you’ll wait a long time

I’m not in love
So don’t forget it
It’s just a silly phase I’m going through
And just because I call you up
Don’t get me wrong, don’t think you’ve got it made
I’m not in love
I’m not in love

6 Comments:

  • At August 8, 2005 at 3:56:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Just Me said…

    with us, of course.

    that 10cc songs is one of my faves! boy, that brings back memories.

    does it matter who brought the music to you? for the music transcends everything else and will always last longer than anything else. the important thing is that you found the music & that the music is still with you.

    sometimes it is not someone who brings the music to you but the music that brings people to you. think of your blogging friends, many whom you have met because of their mutual admiration for ottmar.

    ah, the power of music.

     
  • At August 8, 2005 at 7:57:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Kym. said…

    …of course, I know… silly of me… I should be blogging more often… yes, that’s it.

    Ya, the great power of music… it touches your heart, brings hearts together.

    Kym.

     
  • At August 9, 2005 at 7:54:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Wendy said…

    ohhh, does that EVER bring back memories for me too Heather. I don't know, music is very potent that way. OL's music....it just seems to be a rare find for me, I love it, exclusive of anyone or anything. As though it is purely for me. And that's what is so lovely about Fanmenco's...yes Kym, it does bring hearts together. Remember eating pie and ice cream together and listening to La Semana in the back ground? Or was it two pieces??!!

     
  • At August 9, 2005 at 7:50:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Just Me said…

    mmmm, pie.,ice cream & "la semana"...life can't get much better than that

     
  • At August 10, 2005 at 4:26:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Kym. said…

    Sure, Wendy, I do remember... it was such a precious moment...

    and-uh, Just Me,
    I had TWO big pieces of the super yummy rhubarb pie.. hehehe..
    Kym.

     
  • At August 10, 2005 at 11:27:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Wendy said…

    I've been having a good feed on sour cherry pie, and now the blueberries and peaches are coming on strong. I've adopted your method of "two big pieces"!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home