Kiyomi and the Gang

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

5000miles #1

Music: “Christmas” by Bruce Cockburn
Fave tracks: “Riu, Riu, Chiu”, "Iesus Ahatonnia (The Huron Carol)"
Mood: chaotic (so chaotic as having “Christmas” now)

A huge distance - that’s what lies between us. A distance of some 5000miles (sounds more optimistic than 8000km) and 9 hour (now 10 because of the summertime here) time difference. We have never met each other in person; the only contact we have is through emailing. Regardless, virtual or not - we found each other. It’s hard for some people to imagine, I guess. But it’s not impossible. If you know for sure this is what you want (I do), if you believe in it (I do), if you trust each other (we do), if you work on it (we do), you can overcome all the problems just as in any other relationship. This is too beautiful and precious to let it fade away because of the distance… right?

How-so-ever frustrating and distressing it could be, I always thought this distance could also be a kind of “safety zone” or “buffer zone” for me. It’s there to keep this long distance love partly in my dream world, to keep me from expecting too much. It’s no use to be in doubt or worried… ‘cause there’s nothing I could do from this side of the world. Considering this obstacle, I’m so glad and grateful with what I’ve already have. And – hope not, but - IF this romance should come to an unhappy end… I could blame it on the distance… But no…, please don’t …

------------------------

Longer

Longer than there’ve been fishes in the ocean
Higher than any bird ever flew
Longer than there’ve been stars up in the heavens
I’ve been in love with you.

Stronger than any mountain cathedral
Truer than any tree ever grew
Deeper than any forest primeval
I am in love with you.

I’ll bring fires in the winters
You’ll send showers in the springs
We’ll fly through the falls and summers
With love on our wings.

Through the years as the fire starts to mellow
Burning lines in the book of our lives
Though the binding cracks and the pages start to yellow
I’ll be in love with you.

Longer than there’ve been fishes in the ocean
Higher than any bird ever flew
Longer than there’ve been stars up in the heavens
I’ve been in love with you
I am in love with you…

(by Dan Fogelberg)

7 Comments:

  • At March 31, 2005 at 3:08:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Borya said…

    There's a cool song by some Jon Gagan named 5000 miles. Check it out!!
    Oh, and I'm sure that you are one of the few persons that are trustable over the distance, no matter how far it is.
    You made it once, more than 20 years ago and you kept the faith. Good luck!!

     
  • At April 11, 2005 at 10:18:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Adam Solomon said…

    Who's this Jon Gagan fellow, Mr. Borya? :)

     
  • At April 14, 2005 at 5:19:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Adam Solomon said…

    It's interesting, isn't it? The internet as a medium for love, or for any other kind of relationship. I've found myself to be much better at socializing through the wall of the internet than in person. Maybe we all do; certainly it seems that you might. It's likely because the internet provides a safety and comfort that you don't get live and in person. You have time to think of the best, wittiest, most appropriate answers, no need to think on the spot as you do in person, or even via phone (which is likely even more awkward, since there's no physical contact to break the ice when needed). There's none of the physical tension that naturally arises in person. It's all very comfortable.

    And you wonder, then: when you meet that wonderful person over the internet, and you think to yourself: "I wish there were no barrier like this, I wish I could see him/her every day," would the relationship blossom just the same had the internet spark never occured, had it been in person instead? Or if you were, as you are now, to meet someone with whom you've developed such a rapport online, in person, would things be the same? Or did the connect arise mainly because of the comforts that internet communication provides? This is something I've been wondering myself, so you'll have to get back to me on how this goes. Until you meet the person for yourself, there's no way to know.

     
  • At April 16, 2005 at 5:14:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Kym. said…

    Adam,

    I’m not sure if my knowledge of the English language is sufficient to answer your Q. But of course, I’d like to and I will. I certainly will get back to you on this later (but soon). For now I only can say that I never had a slightest doubt on MY feelings to him and this long distance love. I knew that this was what I wanted. Now he’s gone home, I’m left alone and this “5000 mile distance” is back again between us, I feel so lonely, hopeless, sad, down, helpless… much, much more than ever. I SO miss him… BUT I have NO regrets, NO disappointment… that’s for sure.

    Kym.

     
  • At April 18, 2005 at 12:26:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger suerteuno said…

    XOOXOOXOXOXOX

     
  • At April 18, 2005 at 2:21:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Kym. said…

    XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOXXOOXOX!!
    Kym.

     
  • At April 18, 2005 at 10:16:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Borya said…

    You are a very clever young man, Adam Solomon. I don't really remember what opinion I had when I was 15 but I was very idealistic what the distance is concerned. I still am but yet I was beaten around some times. There's no recipe, you have to find your own way of handling it. No matter if you want to get to know somebody or if you eagerly would like to go back/see again/stay with somebody.
    As for getting to know somebody via the internet, the anonymity is not the worst. If you read carefully, you can discover a lot about the soul of that person IMO. Yet certain facts like looks and age are not unimportant for a lot of people the moment they want to get in touch closer. That moment can tell you a lot about yourself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home