Kiyomi and the Gang

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Introducing the Gang #3 - Pippie

Pippie (8 years old) - She has no fear, she's the boss of the 3. This little black cat is a very good hunter. When she goes out, she catches at least 5 mice (yeck!). She comes from the same animal shelter as Ponta. She was hanging very high up on the cage, meowing so hard that people could hear her from miles away! A perfect match with Ponta, I thought.....
BTW, Borya was wondering where her name came from.... She and Ponta, they are both named after a drummer: Ponta - Shuichi Ponta Murakami (a Japanese all-round drummer), and Pippie (officially Pip) - Pip Pyle (an English, one of the greatest drummers on the progressive rock scene.... phew, I didn't know that... I just checked this on the internet).
Pippie was first called Bibi, but here again, I think Pippie is a better name for her, isn't it?

Princess Pippie



3 Comments:

  • At September 16, 2004 at 11:51:00 PM GMT+2, Blogger Borya said…

    You really were into drumming, weren't you? Like a chamäleon... Honestly, with my mother tongue, I wouldn't feel too comfortable with this name.... I will try to imagine that it comes from Pippi Langstrumpf. Or maybe now you can call her after Carl Coletti, Ottmar's Opium drummer, so Carla maybe... She's very beautiful!!!

     
  • At September 17, 2004 at 4:20:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Kym. said…

    I wasn't into drumming at all :-P See, I didn't even know who Pip Pyle was.... I chose these names from a short list, that's all ("Ponta" was a very easy choice).
    Kym.

     
  • At September 17, 2004 at 4:23:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Kym. said…

    ...I tried Carla, but she doesn't react on it...yet. :-)
    Kym.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home