Kiyomi and the Gang

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Prins Clausbrug/Prince Claus Bridge

Yesterday I went for a walk with Fox along Amsterdam-Rijnkanaal (Amsterdam-Rhine Canal), one of Fox’s fav walking courses. This bridge, Prins Clausbrug (opened last year) is designed by another renowned Dutch architect Ben van Berkel. To be honest, I always found this bridge a bit too “inorganic”. But yesterday, I saw it just before the dusk, coloured slightly pinkish orange by the sunset glow….. it was beautiful! Pity, I didn’t have my camera with me. Here are the photos I found on the net. …I like his shirt!

Prins Clausbrug
Prins Clausbrug

Ben van Berkel
Ben van Berkel

1 Comments:

  • At October 14, 2004 at 8:36:00 AM GMT+2, Blogger Borya said…

    Wonder how much time Fox'd need to cross that bridge. ;-) Walk - stop - wa - no, better stop again - look - strange view, need to rest for a while to accomodate myself - hm, maybe I should sign this strange thing as my territory....... hey, Kym, leave me here, I need to think!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home